The weather continues to get chillier, and whether we like it or not, we’ll have to give into the world of heavy coats and hats and gloves soon. However, this doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice warmth for style! There are plenty of ways to express your style through your winter gear. Today, I’m sharing my favorite winter coats and accessories to keep you warm and fashion forward.
1. Dorothy Perkins Port Fit and Flare Coat ($99) – Wine is a classic color for winter. This feminine coat is a great choice for someone who likes to dress sophisticated. With its waist indentation, fur collar, and button details, you’ll be sure to make heads turn whenever you walk into a room!
2. Topshop Petite Check Coat ($170) – This houndstooth beauty is perfect for winter weather, especially if you want to make a real statement! The bright red will make you stand out against the white snow. I also love the black trim around the pockets and the collar! Bonus: for any of my taller readers, this lovely coat comes in tall sizes too. Everybody’s a winner!
3. Mango Double-breasted Wool Coat ($130) – I am loving this black wool coat from Mango! It’s slightly androgynous, making it a great option for someone who likes to wear edgier clothes. The gold contrast trim is the perfect touch to this piece. Want to feel powerful walking around campus? This just might be the coat for you!
1. Mango Cotton Hooded Coat ($130) – Another great choice from Mango! Since utility coats are more practical, many of them tend to lack in the style department. That is definitely not true for this coat. There is still a lot of detail that makes it super fashionable yet super practical for cold weather!
2. Miss Selfridge Black Faux Fur Luxe Parka ($135) – Every girl needs a classic black winter coat, and this one could be yours! I love this black parka from Miss Selfridge because it provides a waist emphasis which is important to petite girls like me. I’m also loving the contrast faux fur hood. It makes the coat more unique!
3. Dorothy Perkins Tan Faux Fur Hooded Parka ($95) – This is a great utility coat if you have a slightly lower budget! It features the same details as the other two parkas, but in a different color and slightly different style! My favorite parts of the coat include the cinched waist and large pockets.
1. SNO Silver Foil Print Beanie ($30) – Add a little sparkle to your life with this foil print beanie from Topshop. This beanie will go fantastically with any coat you have, plus it has an adorable pom on the top! What’s not to love?
2. SNO Silver Foil Print Mittens ($26) – Every winter hat needs some matching mittens, am I right? I love mittens because I think they keep your hands warmer than gloves, and you don’t have to deal with getting them on the right hands which is great when you’re hurrying from class to class.
3. ASOS Leather Gloves with Cuff Detail and Touch Screen ($35.83) – Every girl needs a pair of leather gloves to go with her black coat! These gloves are beautiful because of the wine details. BONUS: You don’t have to take these off to use your tech! The pads on the fingertips means you can still use any touch screen you have.
4. Pieces Chunky Knit Beanie Hat ($17.92) – Last, but certainly not least, we have a huge chunky knit beanie. This hat will definitely keep your head warm when you’re walking outside. I know if I had it, I would never want to take it off!
And that was my favorite winter outerwear for this year! Do you have a go-to coat that you wear every day? Let me know in the comments!
Don’t forget to follow me on social media!