I’ll be the first one to admit that sometimes I sacrifice practicality for fashionability when it comes to footwear. I see a pair of heeled ankle boots, and I have to have them, even though only a couple hours of walking in them can wreak havoc on my feet. Somehow, I never seem to learn my lesson.
However, since I walk around my giant school’s campus every day, I greatly appreciate my comfortable shoes. Quite honestly, there’s no need to sacrifice practicality for fashionability because there are plenty of shoes that are super comfortable and super chic at the same time.
Need some ideas for fall footwear to wear on campus? Look no further! I’ve created a master post of all the different shoes you need this season!
1. Riding Boots – Riding boots are an essential for fall because of how versatile they are! You can wear them with jeans, use them to dress up a pair of yoga pants on those days you just can’t handle denim (let’s be real, we all have those days), or you can wear them with tights and a dress! The possibilities are pretty much endless when it comes to riding boots.
2. Rain Boots – Rain boots are a great addition to your wardrobe in both the fall and the spring! Believe me when I say that there will be puddles reaching the size of a small pond, and they’re ruthless for forming right on your typical path to your first class. Rain boots are an investment that you’ll be grateful for making because you will use them frequently.
3. Dr. Marten Boots – Dr. Marten’s are one of my guilty pleasures. I have two pairs and I’m absolutely in love with them. I’ve had both pairs of mine for 2+ years, and they look almost brand new. They’re my version of a winter boot because they’re extremely durable, keep my feet warm, and have fantastic traction, which are all key features to have in a boot, especially for Iowa winters. They come in all sorts of styles and prints, but I strongly recommend one of the original styles.
4. Sensible Ankle Boots – The perfect shoe for when you want to look good and feel good, too! I know how much we all love our 4 inch ankle boots, but they’re not necessarily the best for walking around campus (that still doesn’t stop me, though – whoops). Sensible ankle boots with a low heel are great because they can still give you a couple more inches in height, which is an essential for us petite ladies, but your feet won’t be killing you as you walk from class to class.
1. Ballet Flats – I absolutely adore ballet flats. They’re simple yet sophisticated, making them one of my favorite types of footwear. I wear them with jeans, dresses, you name it. Plus, they’re a staple for any event where you have to dress professionally. I suggest getting two pairs – one black and another neutral.
2. Tennis Shoes – Don’t let anyone tell you tennis shoes aren’t stylish. Shoe companies are constantly coming out with chic, patterned, even customizable tennis shoes. I love wearing my Nike’s around campus because I tend to walk faster in them, plus they motivate me to go to the gym, and trust me, I need all the motivation I can get. So wear your tennis shoes and walk around in style.
3. Sneakers – Casual sneakers are growing more and more popular. Have you seen them all over Instagram? A white pair of these is an absolute must have! They go with literally everything, are super comfortable, plus you can be on trend! What could be better?